September 21, 2008
- Born November 3, 1803 in Starks, Somerset County, Maine.
- Parents were THOMAS HEYWOOD and SARAH COPELAND.
- Married REBECCA HUTSELL on June 19, 1828 in Miami County, Ohio. Rebecca was born August 27, 1809 in Virginia; and died January 30, 1836, probably in Miami County, Ohio. Her parents were GEORGE HUTSELL and CATHERINE. They apparently had no children.
- Married AMANDA ELLIOTT, probably in Miami County, Ohio. Amanda was born in 1810 or 1811, and died in Table Rock, Nebraska. After Wesley's death, Amanda married NATHAN HEYWOOD, but I have not been able to determine who he is.
- Died February 11, 1847 in Miami County, Ohio.
- Buried in Kepper Cemetery, Miami County, Ohio.
CHILDREN WITH AMANDA ELLIOTT
- ASA E. HEYWOOD, born July 1, 1838 in Miami County, Ohio; died November 11, 1912 in Table Rock, Nebraska. Married FRANCES "FANNY" J MUMFORD.
- WILLIAM J. HEYWOOD, born in 1840 or 1841 in Miami County, Ohio.
- ESTHER HEYWOOD, born in 1843 or 1844 in Miami County, Ohio. Married CHARLES JOSEPH on December 21, 1863.
I have heard of a fourth child, Elliott, but I have found no evidence. Wesley's will mentions his "minor children, Asa E., William and Esther". There is the possibility that Amanda could have been pregnant with a fourth child when Wesley died. Miami County records from that time are not complete.
This site is in the process of being rebuilt. If you find any broken links on this page, kindly let us know..
We lost our internal database due to a computer crash. We will not be able to add any new family members until we rebuild the 20,000 family member database.