The Hartwells of America... by Lyman Willard Densmore, Hartwell & Lorenzen, Saginaw MI, 1956
November 29, 2007
- Born February 9, 1831 in Strong, Franklin County, Maine.
- Parents were EPHRAIM HARTWELL and MARY HITCHCOCK.
- He enlisted Sept. 7, 1861, 8th Maine Band, discharged next year by act of Congress; re-enlisted July 1863, 7th Maine Band; was at capture of Hilton Head; under Grant in the Wilderness; with Sheridan in Shenandoah Valley.
- Removed in 1865 to Lewiston, Maine; janitor in public school building.
- Married JOSEPHINE A. SMITH on January 16, 1870. Josephine was born October 18, 1839; and died in October, 1880.
- Married GRATIA J. CROSBY in 1886.
- Died in 1914.
- FRED HARTWELL, born about 1870; died at age 6 or 7.
- MAUD MARY HARTWELL, born in 1872 in Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine; died in 1901 in Pittsburgh, Alleghany County, Pennsylvania. She was a school teacher.
This site is in the process of being rebuilt. If you find any broken links on this page, kindly let us know..
We lost our internal database due to a computer crash. We will not be able to add any new family members until we rebuild the 20,000 family member database.