- Born July 12, 1859 in Pella, Marion County, Iowa.
- His parents were ABRAM VAN STEENWYCK and MARIA JOHANNA LE COCQ
- Married MARY LEE WELD.
- Occupation - Governor of the Dutch Colony in Darlington, Dakota Territory.
- Died February 22, 1940 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas.
- FLORENCE EMMA VAN STEENWYCK, born April 21, 1885 in Edgerton, Pipestone County, Minnesota; died February 4, 1941 in Oakland, Alameda County, California.
- JOHN GYSBERT VAN STEENWYCK, born March 4, 1889 in Black Springs, Montgomery County, Arkansas. Married IVY KIRKPATRICK.
- LUCY BELLE VAN STEENWYCK, born February 16, 1893 in Black Springs, Montgomery County, Arkansas. Married CHARLES HAMPTON BOYD
- EDITH MARIE VAN STEENWYCK, born October 11, 1886 in Edgerton, Pipestone County, Minnesota; died September 21, 1935 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas. Married EARL LANGSTON.
- STELLA MABEL VAN STEENWYCK, born December 27, 1891 in Black Springs, Montgomery County, Arkansas; died December 29, 1918 in Denver, Denver County, Colorado. She married CHESTER TOM CROOM.
- DOUGLAS EDGERTON VAN STEENWYCK, born January 20, 1897 in Hico, Hamilton County, Texas; died October 30, 1962 in Malibu, Ventura County, California. He married VIVIAN JO CARSON./LI>
- William Lee, John Leigh of Agawam (Ipswich) Massachusetts, 1634-1671, Albany, Joe Munsell's Sons, 1888. Page 388 & 389