- Born January 14, 1863 in Lubec, Washington County, Maine.
- Parents were EDWARD AUGUSTUS TUPPER and MARY MASTERS.
- Graduated from the University of Michigan in 1885, as a Pharmaceutical Chemist.
- Member of Phi Delta Chi fraternity.
- Married CARRIE AMELIA HARTWELL on August 10, 1887.
- Was active in the drug business in Minneapolis, and was connected with the State Board of Pharmacy for 15 years.
- Was one of the founders of the Northwestern Drug Co., wholesale drug distributors.
- Died January 28, 1937 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- MARION TUPPER, born July 12, 1888 in Jamestown, Chautauqua County, New York. Married CALDER BLAINE BRESSLER on August 28, 1918.
- EMILY HARTWELL TUPPER, born September 27, 1889 in Jamestown, Chautauqua County, New York. She received her A.B. from the University of Minnesota in 1911; Handicraft Guild, School of Normal Art, 1914; M.A. from Columbia Univ. in 1930; art teacher in 1937 with the INdex of Christian Art, Princeton Univ., N.J. She never married.
- EDWARD HARTWELL TUPPER.
- CHARLES EDWARD TUPPER, born January 7, 1892 in St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota; died May 16, 1945. Married BURNETTA ELIZABETH BURNHART on December 6, 1916.
- The Hartwells of America..., by Lyman Willard Densmore, Hartwell & Lorenzen, Saginaw MI, 1956. Page 107