- Born December 4, 1776 in Amherst, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Parents were RICHARD SEARS and MARY LEE.
- Married ANNIS SILLIMAN in 1809. Annis was born July 29, 1782 in Litchfield, Litchfield County, Connecticut; and died September 14, 1841 in West Butler, New York.
- Occupation - wagon builder
- Died in 1854 in Lyons, Wayne County, New York.
- ORIN SEARS, born November 27, 1810 in Valley Falls, Rensselaer County, New York; died in August, 1839.
- OSCAR SEARS, born June 23, 1812 in Arlington, Bennington County, Vermont. Married MARY MOORE on July 4, 1836 near Valley Falls, Rensselaer County, New York.
- AMANDA SEARS, born March 1, 1815 in Valley Falls, Rensselaer County, New York; died October 12, 1869. Married MERRITT PURDY on December 25, 1836.
- HIRAM SEARS, born July 17, 1818 in Valley Falls, Rensselaer County, New York. Married CLARA M. DAVIS on June 1, 1842 in Jonesville, Saratoga County, New York.
- The Descendants of Richard Sares (Sears) of Yarmouth, Mass., 1638-1888 by Samuel Pearce May, J. Munsell, Albany, 1890. Page 308