- Born October 10, 1785 in New Marlboro, Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
- Parents were THOMAS SHEPARD and MARY BALDWIN.
- Married EUNICE YEOMANS on October 6, 1806. Eunice was born August 28, 1787 in Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut; and died March 15, 1809. Her parents were JOHN YEOMAN and EUNICE BERREY. Her sister was MARY YEOMANS.
- Married PHEBE HEADY on February 12, 1810 in New Marlboro, Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Phebe was born February 9, 1792 in Norfolk, Litchfield County, Connecticut; and died April 6, 1881 in Lyme, Jefferson County, New York.
- Died April 21,1863 in Lyme, Jefferson County, New York.
- Amos and Phebe are buried in Freeman Cemetery, Jefferson County, New York.
CHILDREN WITH EUNICE YEOMANS
- AMOS YEOMANS SHEPARD, born February 15, 1808; died February 5, 1885.
CHILDREN WITH PHEBE HEADY
- EDWIN JAMES SHEPARD, born February 21, 1813 in Denmark, Lewis County, New York; died July 5, 1855.
- ALMINA SHEPARD, born in 1815 in New York; died July 15, 1857.
- CYRENIUS SHEPARD, born April 11, 1823 in Jefferson County, New York; died May 28, 1919 in Villisca, Montgomery County, Iowa. Married CHRISTIANNA WALROTH.
- LAURA SHEPARD, born in 1836 in Jefferson County, New York.