- Born October 19, 1805.
- Parents were Captain ISAIAH KIDDER and HEPZIBAH JONES.
- Married ANN M. POTTER on August 11, 1836. Ann died on February 24, 1872.
- Died February 25, 1885.
- EDWARD HARTWELL KIDDER, born August 11, 1840; died in 1921. Graduated from Harvard in 1863. Married MARY LINCOLN HATHAWAY.
- SUSAN SMITH KIDDER, born November 19, 1843; died in 1900. Married JAMES IVERS LEWIS on December 17, 1868.
- GILBERT POTTER KIDDER, born May 15, 1845. He never married.
- FREDERICK KIDDER, born November 12, 1847; died in 1890. Graduated from Harvard in 1870. He never married.
- ANNA POTTER KIDDER, born September 1, 1851. She never married.
- MATTHEW GREER KIDDER, born December 5, 1853.
by Lyman Willard Densmore, Hartwell & Lorenzen, Saginaw MI, 1956
EDWARD KIDDER. He went to Boston before he was 20, then to Wilmington, N.C. with his brother, Frederick. He was a staunch Union man during the war, remained in business, lost heavily, but maintained his ground, respected by the rebels for his firmness.