The Hartwells of America..., by Lyman Willard Densmore, Hartwell & Lorenzen, Saginaw MI, 1956. Page 52.
December 9, 2007
- Born December 20, 1827 in Lincoln, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
- Parents were SAMUEL HARTWELL and MARY HAGAR.
- Graduated from Amherst College in 1855.
- Graduated from East Windsor Theological Seminary in 1858.
- Ordained in 1859.
- Married SARAH WETMORE SOUTHMAYD on June 20, 1860. Sarah was born February 5, 1828; and died July 31, 1901 in Washington, District of Columbia. Her parents were GILES SOUTHMAYD and SOPHIA WETMORE.
- Died December 18, 1878.
- LUCY WATERMAN HARTWELL, born March 18, 1861; died March 20, 1861.
- CHARLES WINTHROP HARTWELL, born April 17, 1864; died January 22, 1892 in New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut. Buried in Southbury, Fairfield County, Connecticut. He never married.
- LUCY SOPHIA HARTELL, born July 17, 1867; died February 4, 1884 in New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut. Buried in Southbury, Fairfield County, Connecticut. She never married.
- MARY ANN HARTWELL, born March 14, 1871 in Becket, Berkshire County, Massachusetts; died February 14, 1946. Married OSCAR STEWART HEIZER on January 1, 1937.
This site is in the process of being rebuilt. If you find any broken links on this page, kindly let us know..
We lost our internal database due to a computer crash. We will not be able to add any new family members until we rebuild the 20,000 family member database.