Genealogies and records on file at Dorset (VT) Historical Society
Erie County (OH) records
September 20, 2007
- Born July 1, 1789 in Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- Parents were ISAAC CHOATE (1759-1822) and MARTHA CRAIG.
- Married MARY BALDWIN on February 10, 1814, probably in Massachusetts.
- Was elected Erie County (Ohio) Commissioner 1825-1830 and 1832-1834. Subsequently was elected Associate Judge of Erie County Court.
- Died October 6, 1846 in Milan, Erie County, Ohio.
- LOUISA CHOATE, born May 5, 1815 in Rutland, Vermont; died June 20, 1876 in Milan, Erie County, Ohio. Married JAMES CANNON LOCKWOOD on December 23, 1835 in Huron County, Ohio (by E. Judson Milon).
- CHARLES BALDWIN CHOATE, born September 21, 1818 in Black River, New York; died January 11, 1886 in Saginaw, Michigan. Elected Officer of Erie County Agricultural Society. Elected to Ohio House of Representatives 1860-1862.
- GEORGE CRAIG CHOATE, born January 9, 1822 in Milan, Huron County, Ohio; died January 7, 1871 in Laramie, Wyoming.
- JULIA FRANCES CHOATE, born June 29, 1826 in Milan, Huron County, Ohio; died May 24, 1886 in Tacoma, Washington. Married JOHN W. SPRAGUE on January 17, 1849 in Milan, Erie County, Ohio (by Rev. Newton Barrett).
- GREEN CHOATE, born November 16, 1829 in Milan, Huron County, Ohio; died October 24, 1879 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.
- WAYNE CHOATE, born November 7, 1832 in Milan, Huron County, Ohio; died probably in Glenwood, Iowa.
- MARY LORENA CHOATE, born July 28, 1836 in Milan, Erie County, Ohio; died February 13, 1883, in Lyme Township, Huron County, Ohio. Married SMITH.
NOTE - Erie County, Ohio was formed in 1835 from Huron County. This explains the different counties for Milan, Ohio.
This site is in the process of being rebuilt. If you find any broken links on this page, kindly let us know..
We lost our internal database due to a computer crash. We will not be able to add any new family members until we rebuild the 20,000 family member database.